the journey of a purple phoenix

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Broken Heartsongs

Think. Think. Think...

As of the moment, I am thinking of something to write about. *Sigh* This is supposed to be my therapy for getting over a depressing heart ache. I've been burying myself with work to divert my thoughts from thinking about it. I keep on convincing myself that I will get over him eventhough how hard I fell for him.

On the way home, I was listening to different songs that tell what's in my heart these days. I am not really good at expressing my feelings vocally to someone. Most of the times, I would write it down on poems and songs. Well, I haven't written a song in a long time now. Sometimes I wish that I knew how to play John's accoustic guitar but unfortunately, I can only strum the strings blindly. For now, certain songs can speak for my heart's woes. That's why I have blog posts that are lyrics of a song.

Here are some lines from songs that speaks my heart out:

"When you're dreaming with a broken heart...the waking up is the hardest part...you roll out of bed and down on your knees...and for a moment you can hardly breathe..." Dreaming With A Broken Heart by John Mayer

"Where is your heart? Coz I don't really feel you...Where is your heart? What I really want is to believe you..." Where Is Your Heart by Kelly Clarkson

"Someday someone's gonna love me, the way I wanted you to need me... Someday, someone's gonna take your place" Someday by Nina

"Looking out on the rest of our lives, If we're gonna be together or apart.." The Only One For Me by Brian McKnight

and the one song that really hits the core of what my heart is saying is "Oo" by UpDharmaDown

"Di mo lang alam
Naiiisip kita
Baka sakali lang maisip mo ako
‘Di mo lang alam
Hanggang sa gabi inaasam makita kang muli
Nagtapos ang lahat sa di inaasahang pahanon
At ngayon ako ay iyong iniwan
Luhaan, sugatan, ‘di mapakinabangan
Sana nagtanong ka lang
Kung ‘di mo lang alam
Sana’y nagtanong ka lang
Kung ‘di mo lang alam
Ako’y iyong nasaktan
Baka sakali lang maisip mo naman
Hindi mo lang alam
Kay tagal na panahon
Ako’y nandirito pa rin hanggang ngayon para sa’yo
Lumipas mga araw na ubod ng saya
‘Di pa rin nagbabago ang aking pagsinta
Kung ako’y nagkasala patawad na sana
Puso kong pagal ngayon lang nagmahal
‘Di mo lang alam
Ako’y iyong nasaktan
Baka sakali lang maisip mo naman
Puro s’ya na lang
Sana’y ako naman
‘Di mo lang alam
Ika’y minamasdan
Sana’y iyong mamalayang hindi mo lang pala alam
‘Di mo lang alam
Kahit tayo’y magkaibigan lang
Bumabalik ang lahat sa tuwing nagkukulitan
Baka sakali lang maisip mo naman
Ako’y nandito lang
Hindi mo lang alam
Matalino ka naman
Kung ikaw at ako
Ay tunay na bigo sa laro na ito
Ay dapat bang sumuko
Sana hindi ka lang pala aking nakilala
Kung alam ko lang ako’y masasaktan ng ganito
Sana’y nakinig na lang ako sa nanay ko
‘Di mo lang alam
Ako’y iyong nasaktan
Baka sakali lang maisip mo naman
Puro s’ya na lang
Sana’y ako naman
‘Di mo lang alam
O, ika’y minamasdan
Sana iyo’y mamalayang di mo lang pala alam
Oooooooo
Malas mo
Ikaw ang natipuhan ko
Di mo lang alam
Ako’y iyong nasaktan


I know. I know. I've got it, I've got it bad. What I'm hoping for is to get over this someday. (Do you think I will?)

2 Comments:

  • Hey Mabs! You'll definitely find another person. During autumn leaves fall, so that when springtime comes new healthy leave take their place. That is just like the empty heart it shall be renewed in time. Believe.

    Don't think of sad songs girl! Pati ako nasesenti! Dapat your song should actually "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce
    "You must not know about me. You must not know about me. I could have another you in a minute, in fact he'll be here in a minute. =P"

    You have to be positive to attract positive energy. The sooner you do that, the sooner life will transform itself for ya. Always remember that: "The universe conspires with you to get you what you want. -Paulo Coelho
    "The Alchemist". Ok yun lang cheer up!

    IAN

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 PM  

  • Thanks,dud! :) timing na timing talaga uwi niyo ni Mara, or else I would've ended up moping around the house.
    Thanks for the advise, I'll keep everything you said in mind. :) I think I just need time to get over this whole thing.

    By Blogger Summer, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home