the journey of a purple phoenix

Friday, December 08, 2006

Fast Lane

It's one crazy week! I'm getting dizzy with all the proposals that we have to send out and the quota that we have to achieve. And, I mean, literally dizzy! Just the other day, I vomited twice when I got to my client meeting and again when I came back to the office. It was also because of the freaking taxi ride. I swear! Most of these taxi drivers are clutch drivers! They just luuuuv to step on the brake just a bit too much as they step on to the clutch.

Anyway, I'm still learning how to get used to being "the boss". It's still overwhelming, more so with the big responsibility and the leadership that I have to take. It's also tough, because you have to instill a discipline in yourself because you have to be a good example to your fellow officemates. And, also, you have to discipline them also even if they're kinda close to you personally. I handled one AE before and I had to let her go because she wasn't performing well. It's hard for me to do it because I have a soft spot for nice people. The girl was nice, but I have to admit that she isn't really doing her job and I know that I have to consider the fate of the group if one isn't functioning well.

My life's revolving around my work and my friends and family. Nothing romantic has come my way in a long time. I remember telling an officemate that maybe the reason why I haven't got any boyfriend is that God thinks that there's more in single life I have to experience and enjoy before I give myself completely to the right man for me. But I do still long for that romantic feeling to come around again and give me that natural high. Everytime I think about my murky situation with a guy friend, I always wonder if we will still end up together or will he just be someone who got away? We're both career driven and we move in different circles. There would be a possibility that he might meet someone else. Then whatever "kilig" moments that we shared won't mean anything anymore. It would be something that will be left in the past and soon it will be long forgotten. I wonder if I will still cross his mind when we get older. Would he still look for me like he did before?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home