the journey of a purple phoenix

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Hopeful About the Future

Sometimes, you want to just completely shut yourself from one person that keeps you hanging about a friendship that's already crossing the line between just friends and more than friends. Being the girl, I just don't know what to think of this situation that's been going on since time immemorial. I wouldn't want to assume because I am not really sure about what he really feels. What keeps me holding back is that he already told me years back that he's saving his heart for someone else. That kinda makes me unsure about his real intentions when he's being extra sweet. I like his sweet ways, but I need to know if he's doing that because he really has good intentions from the bottom of his heart or if he's just in need of a mean-time girl. I don't know how to confront him or if I should because doing that might make things awkward between us. It might not be the right thing to do at this point in time. On the other hand, him, as the guy in the situation, might not be sure what he really feels inside. Thus, being distant lately and concentrating on his career. It could be possible. But another possibility that I'm dreading is that what if he's also seeing another girl and is also sweet like he is to me? I can never be too sure about his intentions because he's friends with a lot of girls.

I'm going through that cycle of thinking and analyzing complicated situations again. It drives me crazy and keeps me awake for many nights. After that, I just drop the thought and leave things be. It's beginning to stress me out because I've been through this a million times. I've been thinking of the pros of this situation so as not to be dragged down by depression. Being single is not so bad...focusing on my career is a must for growth...These are the things that I keep reminding myself. We both got the promotion that we were praying for. And with that, we've been more distant to each other because we're both dedicated to our work that we don't talk nor see each other as often as before. I feel like I don't know him anymore and I've changed a lot since the last time we saw each other. Only the feelings never changed inside me. Will our careers keep us farther apart? I hope not. But, I'm seeing that as a possibility. What I can only pray and hope for is that he'll look for me again one day and find me. And when that happens, I hope it won't be too late for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home