the journey of a purple phoenix

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My First Love Song

When our band was still starting, we made an instrumental song out of wit. It sounded more of a sad love song that we named it, Lamentations. I think it was because when I put some vocals to it, my melody mirrored my sadness that time. Several cover songs and new originals later, our guitarist did a new twist with the riff of Lamentations. Thus, the sad song bloomed into a never ending love song. We named it, Hangin. Since I have been practicing my "Filipino" in writing songs, I took it as another challenge to complete another tagalog song. We only have 2 tagalog songs so far. Surprisingly, Hangin is my favorite among the other songs that we have completed because it tells about something really close to my heart.

Hangin..."wind" in english.. It is a very significant word to a situation wherein you experience unrequited love. Metaphorically speaking, that is. A mysterious, secretive, unending love story that you never know when it's gonna end. A love that has been there right in front of you for the longest time but neither of you is sure if the other feels the same way. Like the wind that passes you by once in a while and you know it's always there. It's good when it blows you away with a cool refreshing feeling. When it leaves, you feel deserted, lonely...lifeless... This is the story of my unending love song. Even I don't know what lies ahead towards the ending. In the deepest part of my heart, I still have faith for a happy ending.

What's the story, you ask? Well... let's just leave it a mystery for now...

2 Comments:

  • Wow! It's amazing to me to read the stories behind songs. And to actually know someone that writes songs, well, that just takes the cake! Now, I really want to hear the song!!!

    One day, I will give you someting to read... I feel that it may "inspire" you to continue your journey in to the depths of your heart... More on this at a later date. Like the way you ended your last entry, "let's just leave it as a mystery." =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 AM  

  • Naks! ako din.. yung hangin isa sa favorite ko. Stig :)

    "umibig ka na ba sa hangin.. padaan daan laging nanjan.." wahehehe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home