the journey of a purple phoenix

Sunday, January 16, 2005

We're Back In Business!

Last night's gig was a blast! I am so proud of Aine, John, Carlo, and Jihan. :) We proved to ourselves that we can still rock even if there were some glitches and last minute changes. After several months of improving our craft in late-night practices and rough recordings, we were able to come back on stage with hard-core, hard-rockin' beats. The crowd welcomed us with cheer and head-bangin' approval as we performed. Jihan had the most fans! I must say, that this production was the first time I really had fun singing. I felt 'kilig' when I heard some people in the crowd asking for more. I felt the rush of energy in my veins as I sang every high note and soulful tune. The feeling was incredible!

There will be a couple more gigs lined up for the next few months. I hope my suggestion to put up a mini production in the summer will push through. It's to help our choir raise funds for the year's expenses and raise funds for donation to the tsunami victims as well. Wish us luck!

3 Comments:

  • Wow! I am so happy for you! I wish I could've been there to see that. Alas, loud rocking places are no longer on my list of hang outs. Me and my wife tend to look for places that are quiet so we can talk. Age has a lot to do with this I guess. =)

    I commend you for your efforts in helping out those in need. If only more people would adopt the attitude that you and your band has.

    See... you live a life full of meaning and blessings. You are rich beyond your wildest dreams! =)

    Dr. Clunky

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 AM  

  • Galing mo mabs!

    By Blogger purplekrypton, at 10:29 AM  

  • Dr. Cranky

    wow! im happy for you! you're so lucky to have a super talented and cute guitarista! the band is nothing without him! want chocolate!?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home