the journey of a purple phoenix

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Whirlweek

I've had a very busy week and it feels like I've gone through a whirlwind. Picking myself up from negativity at work, I thought of setting as much appointments as I could with my clients. Considering the timing that I think everyone's in a working mode already. I try my best to shut my ears to negative thoughts and shield myself from negative vibes. The year started badly for everyone, I think the best way to lessen the burden is to act positively, right?

We heard a shocking news the other day about an old college friend of ours. She was mugged by 3 men and was shot at the back. She was on her way to work at a call center. We later found out that the bullet hit her near the spinal cord. My friends and I rushed to the hospital as soon as we got off from work. We were not able to see her that night for she was in the ICU where she's recovering from a 5-hour operation. Her brothers patiently answered all our questions about what happened. Her brothers told us how tough she was. She was conscious the whole time she waited till she got operated. So, just imagine her lying on her stomach, bullet inside her spine and she was joking around with her brothers! She is indeed a tough girl! We went back to visit her the next day. Funny girl she was, she was already joking around with us too. Thank God, she's alright!

This is why I hate guns. It hurts or even kills innocent people and promotes violence. Whoever those men are, they'll get their karma someday...soon!

Despite the negative emotions I've been going through, people have been commenting that I'm "blooming". I remember hearing someone say that ever since the gig I seemed more happy. I take it as a comment eventhough it kinda feels weird hearing that at this point in time. Don't get me wrong though, I am happy about some things in my life. I am happy about the band, my friend's recovery from a gun shot wound, a friend who's love life regained color, a friend who finally found a job, and to see an old friend. But, there are still some pressing issues in my life that I can't control. Sometimes I think that to get through it, I must keep moving on and living my life. But, what if somewhere along the way, I missed something that I should have taken into thought? That is what keeps me holding back to letting go.

Well...so much for a lot of things going on in my head... This is all for now. I have to go through another week and hopefully I'll survive 'til the next week end..

1 Comments:

  • You have been blooming! Ever since the gig, you have had such a glow about you. Confidence has been oozing and it seems that you have been riding a big wave. It's been really great to see that! =)

    I like the description of your friend's love life regaining color... someone I know? =D First ladies do have colorful lives! =8P

    Anyway, you are doing well at work. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You do what you can do with what you are given. No one can ask more than that. Keep it up!

    Life is tough, I know. Like the tired old similie, "life is like a roller coaster," there are ups and downs. I myself have been battling through the days of the week. My chosen career has thrown me some tough challenges to overcome. It has been tougher and tougher to get up to go to work lately. Something that hasn't happened since I started at the company. But, much like everything else in life, I know that there will be an upswing soon. I just have to keep plugging away and I know I will be there for that great wave when it comes.

    Your comment about missing something... If you aren't happy, you aren't really missing anything. Sure, letting go is tough, when it's early in the game. The thought of "what if" comes to mind quite often. Knowing when it is time to move is always tough but usually, you will know. Even I have entertained the thought of moving on. But then, I am stopped dead in my tracks since I don't really have any other place that can offer me the same job satisfaction. Ultimately, the day I feel that things are hopeless, I shall take the first step. Right now, I believe that I have a fighting chance.

    One of our close friends confessed to me that she is staying as a favor to a friend. This really touched me as it made me feel that she believed in me. I have always told you guys that I am fighting for you all. I know the fight is a long battle and not everyone will make it or can. But to those who are able to stick it out, MAY have a good opportunity of being part of something great.

    This is not a sales talk (like some people like to do over and over again, during times when people usually eat their lunch!) but rather a comment. You are doing a great job. There is still a chance, I believe that we can turn this place around. But, if you can't take it (financially or emotionally), then it's not worth the trouble.

    Just know this, no matter where you go or end up working, you have a friend for life! So long as you keep updating this blog, I will continue to comment. =)

    Dr. Clunky

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home