the journey of a purple phoenix

Friday, July 08, 2005

Rally Friday

Here's a jist of the events that happened today: I ran out of credits on my phone lines, there was a rally around the corner from our office building, I just closed a deal with one of my favorite clients to place ads on EVO for the rest of the year, only to find out as I came back to the office that there was an error made on his article page on the special supplement. What a day...

After talking to my boss about my good news and bad news, we were able to resolve a back up plan for the problem I have with my client. I went back to making calls to other clients. Unfortunately, it seems that almost everyone had gone home early because of the rally on Ayala Ave and Paseo de Roxas. Except for one of my clients whom I visited earlier. He told me that Former President Aquino has asked the President to step down from office. I was talking to Nana on the phone who was absent at the time. She asked me if we have any plans of leaving the office early. I told her that we can't go out yet because it's pretty messy outside. And I wouldn't wanna go ahead alone. Another client of mine was on-line. His office was on Ayala Ave and their building is near the rally site. He told me that he'll check from his window the situation of the streets. He came and said, "Magulo nga" It IS a riot. And I said, "Really?!" And then he added, "Nagkakagulo sila sa pila sa fishballs" It's a riot with the line for fishballs. ha.ha.ha.

I waited for my other officemates to finish with their stuff. I got to talk to my mom on the phone and she told me to come home already. I told her that I can't go without my officemates. While I was chatting with a friend on YM, I could hear a faint uprising of voices. I felt goosebumps on my skin because I can feel the height of unrest of the people rallying the streets.

I remembered a dream I had that morning. I was standing in the middle of the street with my younger brother. He appeared as when he was around 5 or 6 years old. On both sides of the distance, I can see groups of people shouting at each other. As they walked closer, the exchange of words became more and more aggressive. As they came in closer, I held my little brother tight. I can feel the anger and hate of both side of the groups. We braced ourselves as they began beating each other up. Fear came over me. Suddenly, the fear caused me to grow tired of the feeling. I screamed at the top of my lungs. All of a sudden, the people stopped and stared at each other. Their facial expression turned calm then smiled at each other as they made peace to one another. Weird, huh?

Finally, my officemates has finished doing their stuff and they were ready to go. Anna and Jocas went their separate way because they'll be getting a ride from a different place. Marie and I walked to the other side of Paseo De Roxas going to Makati Ave. to avoid the big rally that was going on on Ayala Ave. The sky was beginning to turn in a blue-violet hue giving the streets a gothic color. I feel like I was in my dream. As Marie and I walked, I looked back to where the rally was. You can either see a red banner or a white banner with red writings. Luckily, we were able to get a ride going to Landmark where we can take our separate rides going home.

It was a loong line to get a ride going to Paranaque. I ate a little snack while I was standing in line. You can hear the news being delivered on the tv screens that are propped up on the ceiling of the shuttle station. I just shook my head with the news I'm hearing. I never liked politics eventhough some members of my family have become a part of it. Thankfully, I never had that political streak in me.

2 Comments:

  • Sabi ko sayo mabel eh! sabihin mo nang mahal mo sya at maka layas na kayo sa pilipinas at maging magkasama habang buhay sa kaduluhan ng mundo! isipin mo nlng nsa speed boat kayo papuntang alaska, sabay nag eye to eye kayo habang nakikinig amethyst at umiinom ng gatas. =D - Tita Sally

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:31 PM  

  • Gago ka talag Jp susumbong kita kay tita Sally yari ka. Kukuwento ko mga pinagagawa mo sa New Jersey....hahahahah

    Mable wag ka makinig kay Jp flipped yan eh. Gatas boy yan eh
    =)

    IAN

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home