the journey of a purple phoenix

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Cinderella


I was able to find a really nice top with butterfly sleeves to wear for the event last Thursday night. It's a good thing that the boutique shop of my old high school batch mate was still open that Wednesday night. I wasn't able to find anything that I liked at Glorietta mall and it was already pretty late when Nana and I went there. I was lucky enough because they were on sale. I was able to get the top at a 20% discount. :) Cool, huh? I was happy because I get to save money.

The next day, Nana and I went back to Glorietta mall for lunch along with our other officemates. We did some last minute shopping and checked out this salon at Red Lane. The name of this salon is Crispin Britanico. I've always thought it was a fancy salon and as expected they were a bit pricy. But according to their credentials, they did hair and make-up for the people at Mega Magazine. At first I was a bit skeptical because the previous salons that we went to were not worth it because I wasn't satisfied with how they fixed my hair and how they did my make up. My eyebrows are the no.1 victim of these previous salons. They murdered my eyebrows!

Anyway, Nana and I went along with this salon instead of going to Regine's (at Park Suqare 1). I keep on praying that it would be worth it. I said it simple and clear that I want my curls and waves organized and my make up to be simple but not too ordinary. The beautician just nodded with a knowing look. I felt secured when he gave instructions to his assistant because I know that he knows exactly what he was doing.

As soon as the curlers were set, Mel the beautician started my make-up. What I couldn't understand though is that he took sooooo loooong doing my eye make up! I think he spent around 60 minutes just coloring my eyes! My client (let's call him Jordan) called me and asked me where I was. He said that he can't stay long because he has to go somewhere else. I told him to stay put in Rustans and wait for me. I can't let him miss me at the event! Especially when I just spent a thousand just to look mega pretty for my clients! I told him that I'm almost done and that I'll be there in a few minutes.

As soon as we finished, we rushed to the other side of Glorietta to Rustans. I sent a text message to Jordan telling him that I'm on my way. Just when I sent the message he sent a message telling me where he is exactly. I went there as soon as I placed my things at the concierge at Rustans. He didn't recognize me when I came up to him. It was expected because it's only during our events that I look different. I can tell people where looking at me and I wanted to hide because I get shy whenever I would see eyes on me. I got all the more freaked out when the youngest and most controversial member of the board kept looking at me. It's as if he saw me for the first time. Little did he know that I'm one of his employees in the office. I felt like Cinderella in a way, only the "prince" wasn't exactly charming. Later that night, we passed by each other at the parking lot and he let out this huge smile on his face and said, "thank you!" I didn't exactly know what he meant by that because I didn't do anything but I just smiled politely just the same and answered, "your welcome." He's the same person who yelled at me last year over some banners then commented later that night that I'm one of the prettiest faces in the party. I think he couldn't tell the difference between how I look like on a regular basis and when I'm all made up. I just laugh thinking how silly that boy is!

The EVO Essentials event went well. Didn't rain too much which was great because our guests were able to look at the cars that were displayed in the parking lot. I was lucky to get a ride with one of my officemates who also lived in the south. I didn't think I could survive getting a ride on my own with heavy things on hand and a different look. I might attract danger. I was having a bad feeling about going home through the shuttle service, I didn't know why. I didn't mind walking a long way to where Chris parked his car, as long as I am safe in going home.

2 Comments:

  • That's funny Mabs. He's such a two face dude!!! =p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  

  • Dude pare chong, tell me naman who you are :) Sino ka?

    By Blogger Summer, at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home