the journey of a purple phoenix

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Changes and the thing with being honest...

Things have not been going my way lately. A lot of things have changed too. And I also expect more changes to come in the next weeks. I have learned A LOT of things for the past weeks that I have been beating myself up with so many activities. I have to stop myself and step back for a moment to see everything in one big picture. It's been a rough time for me for the past few weeks. I have learned that no matter what big booboo happens at work, you have to keep working at your best. You have to stay strong and continue with what you are tasked to do. There will always be an obstacle in everything you do. It's just a matter on how you deal with it. It's either you sink or you swim.

There are so many things that are on my mind lately. Too much that sometimes I tend to get lost with all these emotions and realizations that have been flashing before my eyes. There are other matters that make you feel confused too. When I let negative things bug me, I tend to falter unconsciously. It's tiring to think about it and it makes you feel exhausted going through everyday life. But, like others would say, the greatest battle is within the self. You have to learn to fight your own demons. I'm learning to see realizations as factors to keep me grounded. I'm still prone to making mistakes but I see to it that I learn from them.

Things have been really tough and I tend to feel down when depression over powers my optimism. I am inspired by my Cousin Louie who underwent a major operation on the side of his face leaving half of his face paralyzed. Though he may have lost a part of his ear and some of the feelings he has on his face, he was still the same cheerful guy he is. He doesn't let that affect his positive attitude and I admire him for that. Somehow it gives me inspiration to pick myself up when I'm down and not dwell on the negative things that may eat up my spirit.

Eventhough times have been rough lately, God never fails to make me feel that He's just around. I see Him in different people that I meet everyday. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home