the journey of a purple phoenix

Monday, June 13, 2005

24

I just celebrated my birthday last Friday. The truth is, I didn't feel it. The day went by so fast that I even forgot to celebrate. I spent the day at work, rushing things and withstanding a lot of pressure. My mind wasn't present in that special day. 95% of my consciuosness was focused on my work. The other 5% was thanking friends and family for greeting me and ordering pizza for the office. I left the office for a meeting and forgot to tell everyone that the pizza was there already and to start without me. When I went home, I was supposed to buy another box of pizza for my family. I went to different ATM machines to get some cash but to no luck, the darn Unionbank connection is down. I thought, "Well, I guess I can't celebrate my birthday tonight..." I felt exhausted I just went to sleep early.

The next day, Saturday, was sort of like an extension of my birthday. I woke up with a heavy feeling in my chest from the stressful day I had from yesterday, but I tried my best to think positive. At least God still kept me alive. I spent the whole day watching CSI re-runs and surfing the net. I attempted to withdraw money again at the nearby ATM machine in hopes that I might be able to buy pizza for my family. Luckily, the Unionbank lines were back to normal and I was able to withdraw money. Whew!


There were things that I learned and discovered about people and my life that Saturday night. I was viewing everything like it was a movie. I can't find the words to express what I feel about one thing though, but I know that there are a lot more that I should know to arrive to that moment when everything will fall into place.

Eventhough my birthday didn't go the way I expected, I just think of the moments when the people close to me remembered me on that special day. Whenever I remember them, my birthday seemed happier and memorable.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home