the journey of a purple phoenix

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Gray Skies

Lemme describe the weather we're having today. I woke up this morning at the sound of the rain falling on the roof of my window. I can feel the coldness set in eventhough my junky electric fan's weak. I felt lazy to get up. I just wanted to stay home and sleep off the sickness I'm getting into. I'm starting to get cough and slight fever but I wouldn't be able to stay still at home anyway. I went to work.

The rain never stopped. It was wet everywhere and I know that I'll surely get sick after this but I'm still praying that I won't. As the shuttle van carefully glided it's way over the Skyway, I looked over the horizon and looked at the heavy gray clouds. That visual horizon always left a gloomy emotion inside my heart. "These are the times when you wish you had someone to hold you close to keep you warm..." as a friend had told me before when we were on the road on a dark rainy night. Other mushy thoughts and memories start to creep in my head and I just hushed it down because I'm still uncertain about everything in my love life. YADA-YADA-YADA....Yeah, I know I can be really cheesy!

Eeeww...my feet's wet! This is what I don't like with my ballet shoes! Eventhough it's closed the water could still get it! Sigh... oh, well... Can't do anything about that anymore...


Anyway, I'm writing this entry while taking advantage of the availability of a computer with YM. Overlooking this small nook I'm in is the window of the office. Everything's gray outside. The skies were dark, drops of rain sliding down the misty window. I had on my multi-colored sarong wrapped around my shoulder, I pulled it tightly to keep me warm. The colors defy the mood of the weather outside. There's a tie-die mix of vibrant red, forest green, orange, and deep blue. Eventhough these colors envelope me for warmth, the gray skies mirror what emotions that are lingering inside me.



2 Comments:

  • Wow, Ate Mavs! You're a brilliant writer! =D I can totally tell how much you read. =D Eek! I wish I could write as well as you. I'm finally starting to read again after 2 years of reading only what was required of me at school. I'm into these Star Wars: The New Jedi Order books. Mwahaha! =D Yay! I wuv my Star Wars. Hehehe. =D The weather and conditions in your entry sound like typical Vancouver weather (rainy/gloomy). O dear! I hope you don't get sick. Do take good care of yourself. 0 = ) *hugs*

    By Blogger Carmela, at 11:26 PM  

  • I'm on the same boat as you, although the weather is pretty good here which is great since it is rarely warm here in Chicago. However, this does not reflect the feelings I have within me. I am also struggling within. I guess when you feel depressed over someone, doesn't matter much what the weather is. Within me I feel the bitter cold of winter's breath at this moment in time. I do still have that optimism that as seasons change so will my life, as leaves fall on autumn only to be replaced by new ones during spring. There is hope of finding that special someone out there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home