the journey of a purple phoenix

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Pain in the Pocket

I'm still here in the office as I'm writing this. I'm just killing time while waiting for my friend, Nana, to come back to the office. We're supposed to go shopping for our event tomorrow. We're having the EVO Essentials Event tomorrow and we still don't have anything to wear! Once again, we're faced with the dilemma of budgeting our money for occassions like this. For those who don't know what EVO is, it's a UK magazine and it's considered as the "bible" of every car enthusiast around the world. We're the first in Asia to have a franchise of this magazine. Other countries that hold a franchise are Greece, Italy, and France.

Anyway, I was planning on wearing my favorite silk pink blouse that I bought a couple of years ago. The problem is, it has grown loose on me because I lost weight. ;p I wouldn't want to wear just anything because it's an intimate and a very high-end event. "We have to look presentable..." as my boss would say. I took a peek at the stores I passed by on the way to my client's office. I looked at the price and did some calculations in my head. I wanted to cry... I found myself once again in a depressing monetary situation. I'm still thinking of ways wherein I wouldn't be spending that much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home