the journey of a purple phoenix

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Never Ending Love Story

Eversince I was a little girl, I was amazed at how two people would fall in love. I was fascinated by love stories of how couples met and how their love grew. I prayed to God that I would meet the guy destined for me someday. I wanted my love story to be different and memorable. A story that I could tell my granchildren in the future to leave them a lesson about love. I asked Him to give me signs and whisper to me when I have met him. He whispered to me alright. He whispered too soon. I asked for my own love story and He gave me a bittersweet history to tell. A story of friendship, mysterious and unrequited love.

There was a time when I lost my faith and stopped believing in destiny. That was when I was infatuated by foolishness and flattery of deceiving men. I thought I have gotten over the love that I left behind in the past. Only to realize that even for the time in between, I never got over these feelings that I have kept hidden for years. Now that I know better of mischievous men and rekindling a friendship, I still keep myself from saying what I really feel. We're both free now. People would say, "This is the chance to tell him how you really feel. The coast is clear! What are you waiting for?!" I looked at him, wondering...searching in his actions and his words. I thought of our current situation. I say to myself, "It's too soon. Not everything has fallen into place yet."

I turned to God about this again and said, "I'm not asking for You to make him fall in love with me so we can become a couple. I know I have no control over his feelings for it depends upon Your will. All I ask is to make our friendship grow, strengthen our bond, and give us guidance along the way."

2 Comments:

  • hay nako! sabi ko nga sayo, as long as you're both free, go for it. wala naman hahadlang sa inyo e except for those people who keeps on thinking negative about THAT person. i want u to be happy. ur my bestfriend and u should deserve that. it's unfair naman kung ako ng ako lang. dapat ikaw rin para we can share some happenings behind our own "relationships"...pag nagkaron. hehehe :p

    i know for the past few months, you had one and it's only infatuation. pero, he's there na e. don't let him go. i'm sure pag naging kayo, he will love you as like ur papa loved you when he is still alive. :)

    balitaan moko pag naging kayo na! :p syempre, as ur twin (haha!) i need to know him better.

    By Blogger aine, at 10:51 PM  

  • pssst mabs, tagal mo na inintay niyan, ayan na ang himala. Dali i want to see you happy :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home