the journey of a purple phoenix

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Mute

I have been feeling sick the whole week.. :(

I didn't go to work last Tuesday due to a slight fever and dizziness. I tried to rest but I couldn't contain myself in my room. I just have to work! I sent a looong text message to my boss updating what I have worked on the previous day. I told her that I'd still be working at home and she could text or call me if she needed anything for work. I told the same thing to my other officemates. As promised to my boss and officemates, I did some calls and even bugged people in the office about work. I was on the phone with our advertising coordinator that afternoon and she told me not to worry about anything anymore and to take a rest. So I did----but I was still BORED to death!!! I passed by my brother's room and saw him playing Tekken on PlayStation. I had to argue with him to let me play. He sensed my undying boredome so he let me play. In one sitting, I finished them all. Instead of feeling triumphant that I beat everyone in the game, I felt depressed.. Why? Cause I'm still BORED!!! I went over to our living room and turned on the radio. I stared at my cellphones for a moment. I picked up my SMART "NOT"-SO-amazing phone and started playing solitaire. That was around 5 in the afternoon. I was exchanging text messsages with a friend from Davao and he said that he's on his way to meet up with his cousin for a cup of java at a coffee shop. Around 8 in the evening, he sent me a text message asking what I'm doing. I was about to win in the game so I just texted a very short message: "playing SOLITAIRE". I only stopped playing when there was a warning that the battery is already low in power.

When I went to work the next day, my body still feels a bit weak. I thought that maybe I lacked sleep. Later in the afternoon, I decided to take a bit of cafein at UCC Cafe. A friend of mine was kind enough to treat me for a nice iced choco coffee. By the time we went back to the office, I was feeling a slight headache. As Nana and I talked to our boss, I was already feeling jumpy because the cafeine was starting to act up in my blood stream. After picking up Spam's Davao mangoes at Nana's house, the major headache began. It's a good thing that Chuckie brought me home.


Since then, I have been having a hard time sleeping. I would wake up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. Everytime this would happen, I would play solitaire again. :p I don't know why I can't sleep! I think the cafeine (which is a mistake I made when I went to UCC Cafe) is still acting up in my system! This causes my body to feel heavy when I walk my way to work in the morning. My boss asked me if I'm sure that I'm ok to work. She told me to get some rest, but of course that wouldn't persuade me to rest because there is so much work to do. I got to mention that I also have this pain in my throat. I was thinking that maybe it was just because of my slight fever. A couple of days later, it developed into a major sore throat! I had to beg off to a gig yesterday (Friday) because the doctor told me to rest my voice because I'll eventually lose it by the end of the day--which I did. I stopped making client calls by mid-afternoon because my voice is beginning to crack. My clients were beginning to get scared by the sound of my voice...hehehe.. So, now, I'm mute as of the moment. :P

My thanks..they were my angels this helluva week:

Spammy - thanks for the Davao mangoes! :) It was vitamin.c-licious! :)

Chuckie - thanks for the iced choco coffee and for bringing me home! :)

Nanalicious - thanks for accompanying me to Suzuki when I wasn't feeling well (Eventhough I might have infected you with my colds and soar throat...sowee...I'll buy you a pack of PeiPaKoa lozenges, pwomis!) :)


1 Comments:

  • I don't remember being called an angel in a very long time! It feels really nice reading it. =)

    As long as I have a car available and time on my hands, you can always count on me to give you a ride home. It's not only a chance to chat with you, but it's also peace of mind for me knowing that you got home safely. Too many weirdos and crooks out there nowadays!

    Anyway, I do hope that you feel better. You are sorely missed at work! Next time we have coffee, I will remind you about getting decaf! =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home