the journey of a purple phoenix

Thursday, January 06, 2005

And the story goes on...

2004 had a bit of a tough ending for me and 2005 started with more depressing realities. But, hey, there are still things in my life that makes me smile. I keep telling myself to be strong and just be understanding of other people's short-comings. A close friend of mine asked me what my New Year's resolution was. I told him that a lot of people have been telling me to toughen up and stand up for myself. I thought that it could be a good resolution. He jokingly said, "Sige, awayin mo lahat ng tao." Go ahead,fight with everyone! Kidding aside, I told him that I don't like generating negative energy with anyone because it's tiring to argue and staying mad at someone. He said that I don't have to argue with everyone all the time. But after New Year's Eve dinner, I thought that it's better to be more understanding, patient, and forgiving to people.

These painful realities makes me all the more mellowed down at work. Heartbreak,confusion,pain,disappointments... I know it's bad that it's affecting me this way. I'm fighting it by looking at the brighter side of life and reminding myself to be strong. I know this is the quarter-life crisis that I'm going though.

About matters of the heart...well..that's a long story. I was disillusioned about a guy. Thought he was sincere about his intentions. I still gave him the benefit of the doubt. But, when we finally got to communicate again, he proved me right. He wasn't at all. It's sad though...I grew to like him. Only to find out that everything was just a play.

1 Comments:

  • I've always thought that you were a very deep thinker and I have a lot of respect for you. Reading your blog has given me some insight in to who you really are.

    First off, I can tell that you are a really strong person. You don't give yourself enough credit, though. I agree with your friend who told you that you need to stand up for yourself, but I don't think arguing with people will really work. I'm sure you know this. I guess you just have to trust yourself a bit more and find the confidence in you that's just waiting to be shown to the world. =)

    Regarding stuff at work, try to look at it in this light... It's business, NOT personal. So, DON'T take anything at work personally. One of the greatest things about being an employee is that after your clock-out, you're out! You need not worry about anything until the next day. Your employers have to worry about their business 24/7! =) (revenge!) Plus, whatever happens at work, DOES NOT reflect on you, the person. You are NOT what you DO. It's only a job.

    You are doing a great job! Really! Ok, so sales are slow, but that's not really your fault. Some "others" may say they can do whatever they delegate, but the reality is that those "others" cant'. That's why you work for them. =) Trust me. Even Tito will back me up on this. They can't do a better job than you. They never have and most probably never will. And that's with all their "connections" that are so high up their noses bleed. =8O

    So, with this in mind, keep on plugging! Learn from your experiences and implement what works and I'm sure you will do well. 2005 will be a good year for you. Hang in there, sweetie!

    Dr. Clunky

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home