the journey of a purple phoenix

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Where The Glamorous Life Began

Since I am always the single person in my circle of friends, I've thought of other ways to look at my life in a different light. Being single, I have no commitments and I am free to do as I choose in the flirting game. Well...ok...so, I'm not really liberating myself all the time in my single life but that's only me being the hopeless romantic masochist that I am. But, I must say, that I still keep myself realistic about things around me. I'm not completely oblivious of the guys that would shower me with flattery every now and then. There are some guys who would make me blush, some are already unbelievable, and there are others who make me feel uncomfortable.

I've been writing about the inner turmoils of my heart for as long as I remember. Eventhough my love life hasn't been that colorful lately, I think it's time that I enjoy my social life (also, social flirting) on a new level.

First, let me take you in on a little background on where the turn of events all started...

I have my own version of The Devil Wears Prada. Only, my boss isn't all that bad and I'm not in the fashion business (well, on some occassions and during special circumstances, maybe). I work in a car magazine as an advertising account executive and my work revolves around the interests of men. Eversince I started working for the car magazine, my world completely changed. Including me.

I was never the fashion expert. I would only wear clothes that could hide my tummy and big hips. I hated my big butt. I lost a little weight before I started working for the car magazine and I was broke as well. That left me with my old office clothes that made me look like I'm swimming in them. I was an unhealthy sight for sore eyes. I was even surprised why my boss hired me when I looked like a disaster. My boss did comment on how I wore my hair and my clothes. I used to hide my ugly hair in a half-made bun so that my frizzy hair would tame. I won't begin how my hair has an identity crisis on its own. It's complicated. My college friend, Nana, who was also hired with me, awakened my fashion awareness sense. Until now, I am still thankful. :) She gave me a make-over.

Several baggy clothes and frizzy hairs later, I started ironing my hair every morning (which was so time consuming), putting on make-up, and choosing my clothes carefully. I even grew an interest in the make-up department wherein I would experiment on mixing different colors for eyeshadows. I was dressed to kill. But, it was all that. I learned that there was another thing missing which I learned from my boss and other people's observation. I appeared to be just a pretty face and nothing else. That was because I was too scared to come out of my shell. That was the time my boss gave me a personality make-over. I always got the confidence boost in all the pep talks that she has given me everytime we would have a performance appraisal. That started me to come out of my shell little by little.

That's where the new journey began.

**************
More about that on my next entry. Keep on reading!





1 Comments:

  • meryl streep's character is disturbingly familiar..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home