the journey of a purple phoenix

Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm In Love With A Vampire

I finished two books in one week end! How about that? Now what do I do? I guess it's another trip to Power Books after work :D I just finished reading Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman and Simply Sexy by Janice Lee (did I get the name of the author right?)

I've been reading a lot of books lately. I'm still waiting for Rose to lend me the fourth book of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. I got bored with the third book, but a friend of mine, a Terry Goodkind fanatic, promised me that the fourth book is better. He better be right...

I have been obsessing on looking for good books to read. I guess all the frustrations of not affording to buy one has gotten to me. Now that I can afford to buy one every pay check is a big deal for me. It's something that gives me reason for so many things that I want to escape. Idleness of the mind, and burying a broken heart to my farthest of memories, hoping that the memories of the stories in the book would replace the memories that I wanted to erase or put in the past.

Until there came a book that caught my attention...

Zennia was telling me about it this afternoon at work. She borrowed this book from her friend. I never heard Zennia talk so emotionally about a book. She told me that she finished it in one sitting coz she couldn't put it down. She said she cried about it because the story was so touching. This was the plot: A new girl transferred to a small town and meets this gorgeous guy in high school and they fall in love. But the problem is, their love is forbidden. Why? Because prince charming is a vampire. He tries so hard to avoid her coz the scent of her blood is so tempting that he wants to get away with their family's diet of drinking animal's blood rather than humans'. In the end, they do end up together but as their relationship progresses so does the plot thickens. I found the story very intriguing. Until she told me the name of the two main characters. And I thought, how ironic...

For those who know me very well, I guess you already know what names I'm talking about.

It's also weird that somehow, in its twisted way, the nature of their psychological reaction to their situation mirrors what I am thinking and feeling about this whole confusing friendship. Except that, we didn't go to a deeper level in our relationship.

Just when I was making progress with drifting away from him, this comes up. Now that I am thinking about my situation, I am left wondering if I'll ever feel the same way for another guy. In my work, I get to meet a lot of people. He once asked me if I have met anyone that has caught my interest. I simply told him, "No." He knows very well that the nature of my work means I get to be exposed to a lot of guys since I'm working for a car magazine. Which also means that my work revolves in MEN'S WORLD. He kidded by saying that he's jealous. Of course, I am lost in translation again. He couldn't mean that he's making hints, is he? I could never tell if he's serious about things he would say because whatever he would say, sometimes, it would seem that he has forgotten whatever he had said afterwards. So, I didn't assume. Instead of cornering him, I kidded back by saying I will never replace him. (But, deep inside, I meant what I said.)

After what has been said, what has never been done, and lost translations, I feel like we're miles apart. Nobody knows if this thing will ever be resolved. It's an invisible struggle of some sort and I feel that I will carry this mystery with me until the day I die.

1 Comments:

  • it is true that it is hard to move on after losing a great love, it is also a fact that sooner or later you will be able to find someone else. i do not belive in fate or destiny, for each person has the capability to decide on his future. i wish you the best of luck in your quest to move on and find a greater love. like you, i suffer this too.

    btw, found this link from a link in ced's blog. :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home