the journey of a purple phoenix

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Dreaming of Becoming a DreamGirl

At 25, life couldn't be more hard and complicated. I used to target this age as the time that I would marry. Little did I know that the future has destined me to be married to my responsibilities at home. Some people may think that I've got it easy and I'm living a good life. Glamorous job, lots of friends, talents, wit and humour, and a pretty face. But, behind these, I am still trying to find where to place myself in this world. I think I'm still trying to please everyone and I haven't found my own voice.

They say that you should do something daring or crazy sometimes. I've done my share of them. But there are still a lot of big things that I dream of doing but am too scared to take the leap. One is (silly but true) pursue my dream of singing as a profession or join a singing competition. I haven't shown my "full potential" as Simon Cowell would put it, because I haven't gone completely out of my shell when it comes to my talent. I'm in the comfort zone of my friends' appreciation. I am still not quite convinced that I am already great at singing. I dream of getting Randy Jackson to say "YOW!" when he hears me sing or Simon Cowell's "1 Million Percent" appreciation and Paula's inspiring words. Ok, maybe it will take me years before I get to compete in American Idol. I need to get myself an American citizenship before that happens. One of my new inspirations is Jennifer Hudson. She may not have won American Idol, but because she believed in her talent, she was able to land a role in Dream Girls. Her first movie and the reason she was able to win an Oscar. The recognition of her talent didn't limit itself to the American Idol competition. It has reached all over the world. I wish I can have that same moment...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home