the journey of a purple phoenix

Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Stormy Weather for a Quick Getaway


The storm has just entered the islands just when our choir has scheduled our much anticipated summer outing. As I woke up in to the strong winds outside my window and in my room that was dark and damp. The electricity hasn't come back since it went out early at dawn. I looked over to my cellphone that I left charging overnight. Two bars... Great! Now what am I gonna do when I get to Laguna? Charles called and asked if I was ready. I told him that I'll be riding with Mito and Ranier later at 10am. When we ended our conversation, I looked at my phone again. I just grumbled when I saw that that the battery was left with 1 bar. I just grumbled my curse and packed my things. I wasn't able to get my things together last night because I was too tired from work.

Ranier calls me around 9am feeling paranoid with the storm and worried parents. I told him we couldn't back down anymore with the weather because most of the choir left already. Rain or shine, we did go. Besides, this is the only time we could have some adventure. ;)

On the road, my Mom called me 5 times but I wasn't able to answer. I guess I was enjoying myself too much with all the running in the rain at the Petron gas station during stop over and being awed by the storm outside the car window and ranting and raving about our day inside the car. When I saw my phone, my battery is almost empty. I decided to call her up and assure her that we'll be fine---I hope. When I called, it was my younger brother who answered. My mom was driving them back home from the mall. He asked me where I was going and I told him. He said, "Sino kasama mo? (Who's with you?) Si ****** noh?! (It's ****** isn't it?!)" "Of course not!" I exclaimed. And the teasing went on and on... A few minutes later, we got a text message from one of the people who went ahead that there was no electricity in the rest house. Perfect! Just Perfect! By the time we arrive there, all our phones would be dead. Most of us weren't able to fully charge our phones the previous night because of the black out.

It was quite a journey on the way to the rest house in Cavinti, Laguna (...did I get that right...?) We came upon a narrow path that lead us to a small house. It didn't look like a house that would have a pool. Again, we ran to get our bags at the back of Mito's car and to the house. We walked around the side of the house. It lead us to a wide balcony over looking a vast bed of trees and the Laguna lake. It was awesome... I asked where the pool was and Gino pointed down from the railing, to this...


"Not bad..." I thought. I breathed in the fresh Laguna air and welcomed the chilly weather. I guess it wouldn't be that bad if we were caught up in a storm while we take a swim. Despite the cold weather, we got into our swim clothes and plunged into the icy water. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had no idea what time it was because most of us don't have watches since we depended on our cellphones to tell the time. All our cellphones were useless during that time. We climbed the long flight of stairs back to the rest house as soon as we got tired of swimming.

Gino, Charles, Ai, and Archie hit the grills as soon as we had settled in the house. The ones who didn't want to add to the crowd of the cooking experts, entertained ourselves by lighting candles around the house and sharing iPods with each other - singing at the top of our lungs with different songs.

Everyone enjoyed dinner. It was fantastic! After that, we all went out to the balcony to have our usual bonding session - where, in the end, I got drunk... hehe...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home