the journey of a purple phoenix

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Dreams

Everytime he would cross my mind, it feels like he's so far away from my heart. I tried so hard to forget him but there would always be something around me that would remind me of him. I tried to think that it's over, that I have to end this feeling I have in me for years. It's a struggle to get over a great feeling. We're so distant from each other and I don't know where it began. It was like yesterday when we were having fun together and that you can still feel his presence. That suddenly changed now. I have to draw the line between friendship and this feeling I have inside me. We're just friends but something in that thin line is all too familiar and peculiar. And then this happens. He has become distant. I know it could happen to any friend. But this one? It's all too confusing. It's making me numb about him.

I prayed for him last night before I went to sleep despite this growing distance that's making my heart numb. I couldn't even care less about the humid weather and the black out as I fell asleep to the tapping of rain on the roof and the dim lights of small candles around my room. Then, I dreamed about him. It's been a long time since I've had those dreams of him that almost felt so real. I saw him walk down the road. I was with some people sitting in the middle of the street. I turned my back so he woudln't see me. I wondered if he would look for me. When he passed, he took a step back and looked for me. He called my name. I turned and looked at a smiling face of a guy who made me feel different. That feeling shot through me again like I just came home. I went to him walking slowly then ran to meet him. We fell into an embrace that almost felt like I was really feeling him envelope me inside his arms. All the feelings that I have kept locked away, bursted like a flame. I was crying when he held me and lifted my face and asked me what has been happening to me. It's a long story, I told him. I didn't want to let go but I was awaken by the sound of my mom's t.v. upstairs. The electricity has come back. I hoped that the dream would continue when I went back to sleep, but it didn't. It's been a long time since I've had those dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home