the journey of a purple phoenix

Monday, October 03, 2005

On the other hand...

Hey,Carlo. You better tell me in detail what happened. I think we should have one of those long talks again, hehehe.

In my previous entry, I was talking about why guys don't call after a date. Now, what if the story is the other way around? If a guy keeps on calling or texting a girl who never replies, it means only one thing: dude, she's just not into you. But, what if the girl sometimes replies, you ask. I ask you in return, if you're not into the girl who's been bugging you after a date, don't you feel pressured to tell her what she wants to hear? "oh, hi. yeah, i've been busy e....yeah, we should go out again sometime...i'll call you..." Yeah, right! As if you will, right? You wouldn't want to tell her flat out that you're just not into her. You wouldn't want her to go around yacking to her girlfriends about how you were brutally honest to her (plus, add, and multiply to the real story) because it might ruin your rep to other chicks. You know how the grapevine works.

We girls are also sensitive enough not to reject you directly. This is how we somehow deal with nice guys who we date but just didn't feel any connection with. It's hard for us to tell you in your face that it's not gonna work out. It can either be that we don't feel that connection or that we can't feel a spark going on with you. Remember, women have a strong sense of intuition. It's supernatural sensor we have in the center of our being that men can't understand and we, women can't explain.

What if you say, "But, she replies naman to my text messages. We even share a few laughs together and she's nice to me naman. Sometimes, she doesn't reply or it takes a looooong time before she replies to some of my texts. I even go out of my way for her on some things but she politely refuses. What's the deal?" Dude, it can mean a two things: she only sees you as a friend or she's just not into you. We wouldn't want you to waste your time on us on getting yourself into the trouble of being superman for the day because if your hoping that one day you will get that sweet "yes" or "oo", it's not gonna happen. It's better if you spend your time and effort to someone who deserves your kindness. There are special cases when we only see the guy as a friend. We know our friends very well, especially when we have guy friends that we hang out with. We know if a guy does something that is not already usual for a friend to do. Don't push it too much. You might be pushing us away as well.

For example, I met a guy whom I met through a friend several months ago. We started to get to know each other and became friends instantly. He's a very nice guy with a big heart. He started to text me everyday and to the point where he would ask me if I ate already or if I'm already home. He panicked one time when I couldn't be reached through my cellphone and it was already late at night. He said that he got really worried. I was like, "Relax, dude. I was just in the studio jamming with the band. There was no signal in there." I was thinking, my guy friends was never that concerned about me. A few months later, he asked me if he can court me. It was hard but, I turned him down. I couldn't lie to him and to myself. I didn't feel anything extraordinary. I only saw him as a friend. I'm just not into him in the love department but I really valued him as a friend. And, as a friend would be honest to another friend, I didn't like to mislead him nor lie.

So, Carlo, my buddy ol' pal, I have yet to hear your story. Every one has a different story. I know what you're gonna say, "Read my blog." Dude, your blogs are soooooooo looooooooooooong. I'd rather hear it from you nalang para short cut, hehehe. :) Thanks for posting a comment! ;)

1 Comments:

  • This one's for you Carlo.

    http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove/23_doc_love.html

    Read it carefully and read all the other articles from the same author if you don't understand it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home