the journey of a purple phoenix

Friday, September 30, 2005

He's Just Not Into You

I was able to read a part of the book, "He's Just Not Into You". Zennia let me read it while I hung out at our C! Magazine booth. It was an interesting read and I found the writing funny too. I couldn't put it down even when we were walking to Kenny Rogers for dinner. It was just hilariously sarcastic! hehehe... Anyways... As I said, the book is interesting. It's about how women shouldn't settle for Mr. Maybe. I could relate because I've been caught up in the dating game before and I learned a lot from that. It even got me jaded about dating. Now that I'm past that and learned from it, I am now opening myself to dating again. But, this time, I'm more cautious. I don't expect anything after a date or even when guys would show interest (in other words, 'pa-cute'). It's easier to detect guys who are just in it for a short time. How? Simple. Inconsistency and no follow ups. Whenever I encounter a guy who is like this, I keep telling myself to bravely go on with my life. I enjoy dating more like this. No more, "Why isn't he calling?" or "Oh, he's busy that's why he can't see me..." I appreciate the guys who don't say that they would call or say that we should go out again sometime if they know themselves very well that they won't. At least they were honest...in a way. They did me a favor by not making me feel confused. If a guy does say those things, I would just take everything in a stride. I would say, "Sure...yeah, right..." I can't help but feel like Ally McBeal in her many crazy encounters with the men in her life. I learned that if I dwell too much on deciphering the actions of a guy on a date or how he is around me, I'll just get more confused and it's just too stressful. I know that I deserve more than being treated as a 'mean-time girl'. So, girlfriends, if a guy doesn't and can't go the extra mile to be with you, he's just not into you.

1 Comments:

  • i've been pretty honest - outright, even - to this girl i met in eastwood a few weeks ago. after a little discussion over coffee i was really wanting to know her more. i told her how much i would love to see her again... but right now she RARELY communicates with me. she won't even reply to a simple "hi".

    i don't understand, mabs...

    By Blogger crxxxx, at 3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home