the journey of a purple phoenix

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My Experience Riding the Mercedes Benz E240

My officemate and I picked up a Mercedez-Benz E240 at a car dealer today. We borrowed it for a photoshoot for one of our magazines. He got so excited when he was assigned to drive it and keep it overnight. The original plan was that he was supposed to get the Chrysler Town & Country, a van that is fit to be "a soccer mom's car". Since our editor decided to drive the Chrysler for the mean time, he got so excited that he gets to be the first to drive it. As we were on our way back to the office, we were enjoying the car. We were singing and swaying to the tune of "Everafter". I was kinda amused at my officemate because he never sang and moved his hand in the air whenever he plays that song in the car. "Everafter" happens to be his favorite song lately. Being the easy-going gal I was, I let him be and joined his singing and moves. It was a terrific ride because it was smooth and quiet. The only noise you could hear was the song and our singing. You can't even feel the engine's buzz whenever we would stop. It even has a moon roof that you could open and air conditioning that you can control on either side of the driver's and passenger's seat.

We waved happily to our other officemates who were on the other car which was a white Honda CR-V. We had wide smiles on our faces as he drove on EDSA. As we turned right to Ayala Ave., a MAPSA enforcer waved at us to pull over. Our smiles suddenly dropped to a panicked-stricken expression. "Mavs, di ba '0' ang ending number ng plate nito?" he asked worriedly. I quickly fumbled through the folder that the dealer gave to me and checked the plate number that was registered on the E240. To my dismay, I read that the plate number ended in "2". S*#T! The car was coded! After all the reasoning we made and phone calls to the dealer, the freakin' MAPSA officer still confiscated my officemate's license. As we made our way to the office, we were dead silent. No "Everafter", no singing, no waving of hands in the air, and NO SMILING...

Grumpy strikes back!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home