the journey of a purple phoenix

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

He's Different From The Other Guys

I've always been considered as "one of the boys". Mainly because I have a lot of guy friends. At work, I get along easier with the boys. I have as many close guy friends as I have close girl friends. I kinda learned a lot about them guys whenever I hang out with them. One thing I noticed about them is that they have grown too comfortable being guys when I'm with them. Things like burping loudly, checking out girls and saying what they think, and running to me for help with their dirty laundry. Dirty laundry meaning getting a girl pregnant, cheating on their girlfriends, getting out of a psychotic relationship, or simply doing something really stupid.



What is interesting about hanging out with guys is that you begin to learn about their behaviour towards women. And in return, I learn about what kind of guy should I be with or watching out for. Let's face it, we're not perfect. We're only human. We ALL make mistakes. It doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman. Observing my guy friends, they do still have that sense of being a gentleman. Little things like, holding the door for you or complimenting you. Also, you begin to learn a sense of brotherhood with them. That's what everyone would call and unbelievingly think as the "platonic" friendship. No romantic feelings. Though physical attraction is a possibility, later on there are some qualities in the personalities that could clash which you will learn as you get to know the opposite sex better. Romance is something deeper and spiritual that it doesn't happen all the time.



The longer I get to know more about my guy friends, the more I learn to differentiate who are just being friends and who is acting a little bit different. Of all the guy friends that I've known, only one is different in his actions. Only one treats me differently. There's only one guy who I have friendship that is surrounded by a deeper mystery. It really confuses me so much because if we're just friends, why isn't he like my other guyfriends who treats me like I was one of their buddies? Why does he have a pet name for me? Why does his hand linger in mine or hug me like there's no tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home